Starting Tuesday, October 29, 2019, when you view the Facebook pages of businesses and organizations (perhaps including your own) the familiar authenticity checkmark encircled in gray will be gone. This little gray checkmark positioned next to the account name has, since 2015, been Facebook’s way of showing that the Facebook Pages bearing the badge actually belong to the brand, company or organization represented.
In re-evaluating gray checkmark badges for their communication value, Facebook has decided the concept can be confusing. While it has yet to announce what will replace the gray checkmark, Facebook promises a better solution in the near future.
In the meantime, the removal of the gray checkmark won’t change the search visibility of a page.
Ways to Improve Visibility and Follower Engagement on Facebook Pages
- Regularly add content that will interest your followers.
- Make sure the Categories you select to describe your business best communicate your product or services. You can select up to three categories.
- If your business has a physical address, use it. If you don’t have a location where people can visit your business, edit your Page info to hide your street address on computer and mobile devices. If your business has multiple locations, create store Pages so people can find them on a map or when they search for your business in a specific location. If your storefront is located in another structure (such as a mall or an office complex), select the option’ Located inside another place’ and add details so people know where to find you.
- Add other details about your business, including your hours and your website.
- Share information about events along with conferences your business attends or sponsors, community outreach and other activities that demonstrate the authenticity of your brand or organization.
- And of course, contact us at Seychelle Media, because we stay awake nights learning and refining our toolbox of ways to help you define your brand, expand your engagement and increase your viable leads!
#Seychelle #Facebookbusiness #Facebookpages