Online Reputation Management Services
Your online reputation can be your greatest asset – or risk. With the increase in online consumer reviews, opinions shared via social media channels, a rise in online saboteurs and the 24-hour news cycle that’s always running in the background, there’s many possible threats that could undermine everything you’ve built. Fact is, a ding in your company’s once-solid reputation can bring you from the top straight to the bottom quickly – affecting your sales and overall business performance.
Have you “Googled” your company’s name lately? What appears when you do? If you’re not managing your online reputation, it’s managing itself, and it could pose a risk to your business every day. Fact or fiction, negative mentions affect your credibility.
Potential risks are out there – you may know the type.
- The “Your Company is a Scam” website that a former customer created with your brand name in the domain. And it keeps appearing on page one in search results when people Google your company name.
- That lawsuit from 1997 that continues to haunt your business.
- The completely inappropriate social media content that one of your (former) disgruntled employees keeps posting, making unfounded claims about how terrible employees and customers are treated by your company.
- That competitor’s microsite developed to steal a piece of your brand’s search equity.
We take Reputation Management seriously and want help great companies proactively preserve the trust and credibility they’ve earned. Our approach to this discipline doesn’t focus on creating spammy content to simply push down the negative stuff. We use a simple, systematic process that includes identifying the goals of your Reputation Management strategy and prioritizing tactics for maximum efficiency and return on investment.
There’s a number of ways that we work toward the goal of sustained results to defend and proactively safeguard your brand. We create content through social media assets, blogs, press releases, syndicated articles and microsites and initiate tactics like link building to defend your brand and company, long-term. Throughout this process, your brand remains at the forefront – plus, you’re gaining high-quality content that promotes your visibility.
A few stats regarding Reputation Management:
- 72% of people trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. (ReputationX)
- 77% of online shoppers use reviews to make purchase decisions (Vocus)
- 90% of consumers trust recommendations from others. (Forrester)
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results. (Search Engine Journal)
- 80% of adults are “very” or “somewhat” more likely to consider buying products recommended by real-world friends and family. (Pollara)
- 81% of customers reach out to friends and family members on social networking sites for advice before buying products (Vocus)
- 83% of companies will face a crisis that will negatively impact their share price between 20 and 30%, during the next five years. (Oxford-Metrica)
- 87% believe the CEO’s reputation is an important part of a company’s reputation. (Hill & Knowlton)
Why Reputation Management matters so much for the timeshare industry.
Founded by two timeshare marketers, Seychelle Media understands the importance of Reputation Management for the vacation ownership industry. Even for resort developers, travel clubs or exchange companies who remain successful at using more traditional “offline” sales and marketing practices, it’s extremely important to keep pace with and become aware of the online activity that’s affecting your brand. With smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices in hand at all times, your potential customer has access to information on-the-spot that blurs the lines between “offline” and “online” marketing. Couple this with the increased visibility of online reviews and an ever-competitive marketplace, it’s doubly important to engage in an ongoing reputation management strategy.
We utilize a number of effective techniques that work towards the goal of sustained results, including:
- Brand website optimization
- Cultivation and optimization of social profiles including Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, Flickr and Facebook
- Authoring of universal bio with embedded links
- Microsite content strategy
- Blogs (primary and alternative blogs)
- Online PR (newsworthy and interesting)
- Syndicated articles
- Link building & vanity domaining
Our Reputation Management Process:
- Monitor (we can recommend enterprise-level listening tools or provide the monitoring service on your behalf with robust reporting)
- Compile, sort & prioritize
- Neutralize, suppress or convert
- Monitor and act on findings